Workshop and Call For Papers GRIEB
Global Review of Islamic Economics and Business (GRIEB)
Faculty of Islamic Economics and Business - State Islamic University, Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta, Indonesia & Consortium for Islamic Economics-Indonesia
Islamic finance is the one of most improved sector in the world with average growth around 15-20% annually. This growth is evidenced by the appearance of many Islamic financial institutions not only in Muslim countries but also in the developed countries such as UK, Singapore etc.
This phenomenon must be supported by the availability of human resources which has knowledge and skill in Islamic economics. People are very crucial to the future of Islamic finance for ensuring the quality of Islamic finance. Hence, there are many Institutions especially at the university level which has been opening Islamic economics education.
Faculty of Islamic economics and Business (FEBI), Islamic State University of Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta is one of the established faculties in Indonesia which concentrate to provide human resources in Islamic finance. FEBI was developed at the faculty level, thus it is quite difference with the other institution that mostly conduct Islamic economics education at the level of department and major. There are many steps conducted by Faculty of Islamic Economics and Business (FEBI) to produce high quality people in Islamic Finance; education, research and training.
Research will plays significant role as “bridge” for the gap between academic and practice. In addition, Research can support the growth of Islamic finance industry; Research also will solve the problems in the industry. However, Research is very limited in the area of Islamic Economics and Finance especially in Indonesia. Therefore, there is very view reference as result the lack of research will has negative impact to the Industry.
Due to the above reason Faculty of Islamic Economics and Business (FEBI) UIN Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta plans to publish Journal that has international reputation. The journal is designed to provide a forum or platform for researchers/academicians and also practitioners who are interested in knowledge and in discussing ideas, issues and challenges in the field of Islamic economics and business, finance, banking, accounting.
2. Name and Structure
Faculty of Islamic Economis and Business propose some Journal name, as follows;
“Global Review of Islamic Economics and Business (GRIEB)”
The structure of this journal is controlled by Research Coordinator under “Faculty of Islamic Economics and Business (FEBI) UIN Sunan Kalijaga”
3. Vision and Mission
Vision: To be a prestige and leading journal in Islamic Economics and Business, and Finance in the World.
- Provide a platform to publish a result of research, study and analytical process in Islamic economics and Business.
- Provide a forum to the researchers, academician, practitioners who are interested in Islamic economics and business, finance
- Publish literature in Islamic economics and business to support the development of Islamic economy.
- To become a high reputable journal which is a fully peer reviewed refereed journal, published bi-annually.
- To help for creating a good research environment, especially to the civitas academica UIN Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakrarta.
- To encourage Civitas Academica UIN Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta to publish their research.
- To help the accessibility of article, idea and research result around the world.
- To help the Industry solve the problems in the area of Islamic economics, business and finance.
- To conduct joint research with the other institution including University, Islamic bank, Government etc.
5. Time Publication
The journal is published quarterly in July, November and March.
6. Output target
- Publish scientific journal in Islamic economics and business that can contribute significantly to the development of Islamic economy.
- Journal with international reputation that tontribute to the realization of Maqosid shariah and promote the prosperity of the ummah.
All articles submitted are in English with the scope or coverage of the journal will include but are not limited to:
- Islamic Economics
- Islamic banking,
- Islamic capital markets,
- Islamic wealth management,
- Issues on shariah implementation/practices of Islamic banking,
- Zakat and awqaf,
- Islamic Corporate Finance
- Fundamentals of Islamic Finance
- Regulatory structures
- Shariah-compliant investment
- Islamic social thought and corporate governance
- Socially-responsible investment strategy
- Islamic project financing
- Shariah-compliant risk management
- Islamic derivatives
- Case studies of Islamic banks and financial service providers
- Corporate social responsibility of Islamic financial institutions
- Issues of Shari`ah Supervisory Boards
- Islamic business ethics
- Management, leadership and governance of Islamic financial services providers
- Islamic Accounting
- Environment Accounting
- Islamic Auditing
We have a plan in place to include this Journal in the some below databases:
- RePEc: Research Papers in Economics
- Index Islamicus
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities - Economics & Finance
- ISI Thompson-Reuters
Download Poster Workshop and Call for Papers GRIEB
Program Rintisan Kelas Internasional Road to International Islamic Economics and Business Class Salah satu tantangan pendidikan tinggi pada abad ke-21 adalah munculnya isu-isu global…
PENGUMUMAN TENTANG PENGUMUMAN PERPANJANGAN INPUT KRS SMT GENAP TA. 2015/2016 UIN SUNAN KALIJAGA YOGYAKARTA Assalamu'alaikum Wr Wb Berdasarkan Pengumuman hasil Rapat Bidang 1, 2,…
PENGUMUMAN TENTANG PERPANJANGAN PEMBAYARAN SPP/UKT SMT GENAP TA.2015/2016 FEBI UIN SUNAN KALIJAGA YOGYAKARTA Assalamu'alaikum Wr Wb Mengingat surat Edaran Nomor :UIN.02/R.2/HM.09/502/2016 Tentang PERPANJANGAN PEMBAYARAN…